Funny Money: Foreign Aid
Editor's Note: Welcome to "Funny Money," a feature written by New York-based comedian Jeff Kreisler. Lest there be any confusion, please note that this column is a work of satire and intended for entertainment purposes only. Enjoy the weekend.
Ah, back to life. 2008. Moving forward. It's been a trying year so far. I lost my wedding ring on vacation. At least I was with my wife when I lost it...
This week's Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas caused a spike in questionable expense reports throughout the media industry.
Seriously, until they get the jet packs I was promised, don't bother reporting anything.Incidentally, next week's Macworld Expo will cause a spike in lemmings overpaying for things they don't really need. Unless, of course, Apple's Steve Jobs releases iMortgage. Lawrence Summers has invested in a "YouTube for intellectual ideas" called Big Think. Wow, that'll attract tens. Then again, Summers is the former Harvard University president who implied women are inferior, so maybe he knows something about how the Web works. You know, exploitation and all that. Speaking of the Internet, United Artists became the latest studio to strike a side deal with the WGA, because YouTube just isn't providing enough non-cat-at-piano content for Hollywood. Look, people, YouTube is fun, but it's not a source of quality content. Nothing there is good. Speaking of which, please check out my page, YouTube.com/FunnyMoneyLive. The Golden Globe Awards have been cancelled! No, how will we survive? What will we watch? An election? Meh. The Globes will be replaced by a news conference, which is a major reversal in the decades-long process of entertainment replacing the news.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV