This ETF Might Benefit From Active Management
I often suggest waiting to buy an ETF until it has proven itself, but I don't think that necessarily applies here. DWA has proven, long before launching its first ETF, that it knows what it is doing. Whether PIE would serve as a proxy in your portfolio for broad-based emerging market exposure boils down, I think, to whether you think a product like this should be rebalanced more than four times a year.
You could argue that it's not in your interest to put arbitrary restrictions on a manager in whom you have faith and are willing to pay.
To be candid, there is no correct answer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV