This ETF Might Benefit From Active Management
PIE is fairly concentrated with a 33% allocation to Indonesia, 19% to China, 12% to Malaysia and 12% to Brazil. There are also six more countries with much smaller weights. I don't think the fund takes on too much single-stock risk; the largest company, Timah, an Indonesian mining and engineering conglomerate, has a 5.8% weight.
One thing that stands out is that the
If you compare the fund's current holdings to its holdings from Sept. 30, which are available on PowerShares'
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV