Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: The Natural Gas Stock for 2008
Click here for an archive of Cramer's "Mad Money" recaps.
Rocketing oil prices will make 2008 the year of natural gas, as it is likely to outperform both petroleum and oil, Jim Cramer told viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Thursday.
"It's a clean, clean commodity whose time has now come," Cramer said.And the perfect stock to play the natural gas market is Ultra Petroleum (UPL), said Cramer. The stock is up more than 24% since he recommended it on July 9, but there's even more upside. Ultra Petroleum is focused on production growth, Cramer said. On Friday, the company raised its production guidance for 2007 by a "staggering" 12.1%. The company's production in 2007 is expected to be 33% higher than what it was in 2006.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV