The World's Richest Men Own These Stocks
Bill Gates, Carlos Slim Helu and Warren Buffett are the three richest men in the world.
Recently, however, depending on the month and the source, Mexican businessman Carlos Slim Helu is No. 1. They both have estimated net worths of about $56 billion. Warren Buffett runs a close third place with an approximate net worth of $52 billion.
Stockpickr, which tracks the portfolios of these three wealthy individuals, has researched their stocks to determine if they have any holdings in common. Surprisingly, there were very few.Both Carlos Slim and Warren Buffett own Kraft Foods (KFT), the worldwide food conglomerate that sells everything from cookies and coffee to frozen pizzas and cheese. The stock has a price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio of 20, a P/E-to-growth (PEG) ratio of 2.4, and pays a yield of 3.3%. Kraft is also owned by another top trader, Nelson Peltz. This corporate raider/turnaround artist and activist shareholder's hedge fund, Triarc, was up 37% in 2006. Peltz also likes Cadbury Schweppes (CSG), in which he recently increased his stake from 3.47% to 4.5% of the company. Cadbury has a P/E ratio of 25, a PEG of 2.9, and yields 2.3%. Peltz also likes HJ Heinz (HNZ), which has a PEG of 2.3 and a yield of 3.3%, as well as Tiffany & Co. (TIF), which sports a PEG of 1.5 and a 1.3% yield.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV