New Stock Favorites of Buffett, Soros and Icahn
National Oilwell Varco is also held by CGM Focus Fund, a Morningstar-rated five-star fund that has generated an average annual return of 40%-plus over the last three years. Some of its other holdings include Vimpel-Communications (VIP), which has a PEG of 1.16, Potash (POT), which sports a PEG of 4.1, and Schlumberger (SLB), which sports a PEG of 1.28.
One of Icahn's new purchases is Applera Corp-Applied Biosystems Group (ABI), which makes and sells systems and software used for human disease research, genetic analysis and pharmaceutical drug discovery. The stock has a P/E of 22, a PEG of 1.81 and pays a dividend of 0.5%.
Applera also is owned by the Schwab Health Care Fund, which invests 80% of its net assets in the health care sector. The fund has generated an average annual return of more than 18% over the last five years. The fund also owns Schering-Plough (SGP), with a PEG of 0.96, Cigna (CI), with a PEG of 1.11, and PerkinElmer (PKI), with a PEG of 1.4.
For the complete list of all 14 new positions of these three super traders, check out the New Positions of the Top Traders portfolio at Stockpickr.com, where you also can find the entire portfolios of Warren Buffett, George Soros and Carl Icahn.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV