New Stock Favorites of Buffett, Soros and Icahn
It is great to see what stocks top traders such as Warren Buffett, George Soros and Carl Icahn own. But it's even better when you know what new stocks they are trying to accumulate.
Stockpickr.com allows everyday investors to keep track of the new, beefed up, reduced and eliminated positions of the major stock market traders by listing these details in the description section of these professional investors' portfolios.
To that end, Stockpickr also has compiled a list of the new positions of Buffett, Soros and Icahn in a portfolio called New Positions of the Top Traders.
One of Buffett's new positions is Wabco Holdings (WBC), a manufacturer of braking and transmission control systems. JPMorgan just initiated coverage of the stock with an overweight rating. In addition, the company said that it will either meet or beat its original full-year earnings guidance of $2.85 a share. The stock has a price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio of 35 and a yield of 0.6%.Wabco also appears in an interesting Stockpickr portfolio called The Oversold and Undervalued Portfolio. Other stocks in this portfolio include Telefonica SA (TEF), with a P/E-to-growth (PEG) ratio of 0.65, Allegheny Technologies (ATI), which has a PEG of 0.84, and Halliburton (HAL), with a PEG of 1.26. National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is a new Soros purchase. Jim Cramer recently said on his RealMoney.com blog that oil is saving the day, and shares of this marketer of systems and products to the oil and gas industry benefit. The stock has a P/E of 21.5 and a PEG of 0.52.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV