Monday's Financial Winners & Losers
Updated from 1:33 p.m. EST with new stock prices
On this last trading day of 2007, the financial sector tiptoed higher in piddling volume along with the major indices. The market will close tomorrow for New Year's Day.
The NYSE Financial Sector Index was up 17.88 points, or 0.2%, to 8,300.68. The narrower KBW Bank Index added 0.3% to 88.58, while the Amex Securities Broker-Dealer tracker was up 0.5% at 207.42.
The first and last of those were each bouyed by
(MER). Merrill's shares lost some ground after Britain's
The Observer reported that the struggling brokerage is in more cash-infusion talks, this time with sovereign wealth funds in China and the Middle East. A week ago, Merrill announced it will
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV