Know Your Net Worth and Cash Flow
The following is a transcript of "Money Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips for a Richer Life," a podcast from QuickAndDirtyTips.com. The audio program is available via RSS feed here and at TheStreet.com's podcast home page.
Hello and welcome to Money Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips for a Richer Life.
Today's topic: Your net worth and your cash flow.
Reviewing your finances at the end of the year is a great way to get ready to set financial goals for the year ahead.Now, planning your financial future is a lot like planning a road trip. To plan a road trip, you first need to know where you're starting from. The same thing goes for your financial future. To plan where you're going financially, you first need to have a clear picture of where you are now. And that's what taking a financial inventory is all about -- knowing where you are today. If you haven't taken a financial inventory before, here's how to do it. There are two fundamental components of financial health: your net worth and your cash flow.
Know Your Net Worth
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV