Trade Snow Drifts for Sand Castles in Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta, located along the Mexican Riviera on the Pacific Coast, is in the closest tropical area to the western U.S. -- which might sound appealing to any American currently suffering through wintry weather.
It's just a two-hour direct flight from Houston and San Diego, and about three hours from Los Angeles and San Francisco. The best time to visit is from October to May, when the temperature is usually in the 70s and 80s Fahrenheit and it isn't too rainy.
Where to Stay
There are several high-end places to stay in Puerto Vallarta, such as
The property is near the airport, has 12 bedrooms and offers spa services. Each day, the meal menus (which guests can customize) are prepared by the executive chefs using food purchased at local markets.But don't go unless you've got a big group, or a big budget to spend on extra rooms: Only one group rents out the entire property at a time. Guests must rent out at least eight of the bedrooms, which are $300 to $500 each.
|Photo: Villa Verano|
Another luxurious place to stay is the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV