Video-Game Publishers See Another Blockbuster Year
Shares of Konami were up 25 cents, or 0.8%, to $32.25 Friday. The stock has been up 6.3% this year.
Little Big Planet: Another exclusive game for the PS3 from a smaller games developer, Media Molecule, Little Big Planet made a big impact with its demo last year. The game allows users to manipulate almost every object in their environment and build on it to create their own space.
If successful, Little Big Planet could not only revive Sony's fortunes in the video games industry but also get publishers thinking about designing games where users have greater ability to design the levels in the game.
"With Little Big Planet, the idea was not to put big developer resources into it," says Orland. "You are counting on the people playing it to make the game good and that's a trend we could see more of in 2008."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV