Wednesday's Winners and Losers: Ultralife Batteries
The option expires in a year, when another party buys at least one-quarter of the project, or when Merhav gets third-party debt financing for it -- whichever occurs first. Ampal shares were climbing 5.9% to $7.78 in fairly light trading.
Immtech Pharmaceuticals' (IMM) stock took a beating Wednesday after the company announced the Food and Drug Administration put a clinical hold on its development program for pafuramidine, an experimental treatment in late-stage studies for Pneumocystis pneumonia and African sleeping sickness.
The company said preliminary findings from a safety study revealed abnormal laboratory values in several volunteers following treatment with the drug, and patients are now being closely monitored for liver function. Shares fell $2.90, or 49.6%, to $2.95.
Meanwhile, biopharmaceutical company NeurogesX (NGSX) said Wednesday that on Sunday it entered into a securities purchase agreement to privately place more than 4 million shares of common stock at $6.18 a share and five-year warrants to purchase 1.2 million shares at $8.03 for 12.5 cents a piece for proceeds of roughly $25 million. NeurogesX shares edged up 13 cents, or 2.2%, at $6.17.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV