Dig Deeper on Morgan's Red Star Bailout
There used to be a quaint little saying about how it will rain sulfuric acid in the canyons of Wall Street before a House of Morgan was run by communists. Well, you can read here all about how CEO John Mack is now Great Leader of the People's Republic of Morgan.
And when you go outside today, don't forget your umbrella.
But what The Business Press Maven is more concerned with this morning is Chairman Mack's claim that but for one particular trade, Morgan would be just fine and would, presumably, not have fallen into the hands of Red China, making it the latest investment-banking domino to do so.
Because some of the same business media that are busy portraying him as valiant and altruistic in not granting himself untold millions in bonuses after a year featuring untold billions in losses, are simply passing along his claim that but for one trade, everything would be fine inside Mainland Morgan.The Financial Times is a prime example of this subprime thinking.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV