Dig Deeper on Morgan's Red Star Bailout
There used to be a quaint little saying about how it will rain sulfuric acid in the canyons of Wall Street before a House of Morgan was run by communists. Well, you can read here all about how CEO John Mack is now Great Leader of the People's Republic of Morgan.
And when you go outside today, don't forget your umbrella.
But what The Business Press Maven is more concerned with this morning is Chairman Mack's claim that but for one particular trade, Morgan would be just fine and would, presumably, not have fallen into the hands of Red China, making it the latest investment-banking domino to do so.
Because some of the same business media that are busy portraying him as valiant and altruistic in not granting himself untold millions in bonuses after a year featuring untold billions in losses, are simply passing along his claim that but for one trade, everything would be fine inside Mainland Morgan.The Financial Times is a prime example of this subprime thinking.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV