Genitope's MyVax Vaccine Falls Short
Genitope (GTOP) said Thursday that its non-Hodgkin's lymphoma vaccine MyVax failed to meet the primary endpoint in a pivotal phase III study.
The negative outome of the MyVax study is a significant setback for Genitope, which has
Genitope issued a press release earlier Thursday annoucing its upcoming MyVax conference call, driving shares down nearly 40% to close at $2.59. Following the news, Genitope fell another 79 cents in recent after-hours trading to $1.75.
In the primary analysis of the study, there was no statistically significant difference in the progression-free survival (PFS) of patients receiving MyVax compared to patients receiving a control substance, Genitope said.In a phone interview conducted earlier Thursday, Genitope CEO Dan Denny acknowledged that MyVax patients didn't even show a trend toward prolonged PFS compared to the control patients. But Denny remains optimistic about MyVax's future because of a secondary analysis from the study showing a subgroup of MyVax patients who did get a significant clinical benefit from the vaccine. Genitope plans to discuss these positive data with the Food and Drug Administration, said Denny, hinting that the company will more than likely file for approval based on the subgroup analysis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV