Goldman Hedge Fund Investors Pull $3 Billion
Goldman Sachs (GS) saw investors pull $3 billion in cash from quantitative hedge funds that have been shaky in an unpredictable market.
Half of Goldman's hedge fund redemptions came from its flagship fund, Global Alpha, according to Goldman CFO David Viniar, speaking during a fourth-quarter earnings call.
Ringing in at about $10 billion in assets, Global Alpha and other quant funds, which use trading strategies centered around computer models that identify arbitrage opportunities, have been whacked due to erratic spread widening.
Goldman Sachs: Not Just a Hedge Fund
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV