Goldman Hedge Fund Investors Pull $3 Billion
Goldman Sachs (GS) saw investors pull $3 billion in cash from quantitative hedge funds that have been shaky in an unpredictable market.
Half of Goldman's hedge fund redemptions came from its flagship fund, Global Alpha, according to Goldman CFO David Viniar, speaking during a fourth-quarter earnings call.
Ringing in at about $10 billion in assets, Global Alpha and other quant funds, which use trading strategies centered around computer models that identify arbitrage opportunities, have been whacked due to erratic spread widening.
Goldman Sachs: Not Just a Hedge Fund
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV