Retail Throws a Hail Mary
Online sales have likely already seen their peak this holiday season. Davis points out that most offers for ground shipping delivery by Christmas will end today.
That leaves brick-and-mortar stores with all the remaining heavy lifting. Beemer doubts that shoppers will dole out their dollars for anything less than 60% off at this point.
"They have certainly not been impressed with the prices they've seen," he says.
Chen believes shoppers are simply procrastinating with their shopping, regardless of the promotions."In this environment, everybody's a little bit nervous, but I do expect a big rush in the end," she says.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV