Retail Throws a Hail Mary
And the peak of the season is still to come. This Saturday is expected to be the busiest shopping day of the year for retailers, eclipsing Black Friday.
Chen expects those retailers who have been promoting all along will continue promoting, including in the women's apparel sector, which saw soft sales even before the holiday season began.
According to a holiday report released by MasterCard, sales for women's apparel was down 5.7% in the first 20 days after Black Friday. But there was a 4.5% increase in men's apparel.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV