Retail Throws a Hail Mary
SAN FRANCISCO -- Retailers have one last week to coax shoppers into stores before all bets are off.
Right now, they are doing whatever it takes.
This past weekend brought a big surge of traffic, but not enough to make up for the lack of sales throughout the holiday season, industry observers say. As a result, retailers will have to cut their prices deeper -- driving down profit margins -- and keep their doors open longer to gain some ground in the home stretch.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV