Funds That Hold Top Five Small-Caps
Each business day, TheStreet.com Ratings compiles a list of the top five stocks in five categories -- fast-growth, all-around value, large-cap, mid-cap and small-cap -- and publishes these lists in the Ratings section of our Web site.
For investors who prefer the diversification offered by mutual funds to owning individual stocks, here are some of the biggest holders of the small-cap companies that were on our list as of Friday, Dec. 14.
CAM Commerce Solutions (CADA):
(BPLSX)Robeco Boston Partners Long/Short allocated about 1.64% of its total portfolio as of Aug. 31, according to Thomson Financial.National Research (NRCI) isn't widely held by mutual funds. LSI Industries (LYTS): (GTWNX)Georgetowne Long/Short Fund allocated about 4.97% of its total portfolio as of July 31, according to Thomson Financial. (HRVIX)Heartland Value Plus allocated about 3.91% of its total portfolio as of Sept. 30, according to Thomson Financial. Pericom Semiconductor (PSEM): (BJMIX)Brazos Micro Cap allocated about 1.90% of its total portfolio as of Sept. 30, according to Thomson Financial. (WMICX)Wasatch Micro Cap allocated about 1.81% of its total portfolio as of June 30, according to Thomson Financial. Axsys Technologies (AXYS): (WMICX)Royce Discovery Fund allocated about 1.64% of its total portfolio as of Sept. 30, according to Thomson Financial.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV