Give the Gift With a Kick This Year: Booze
It's the most wonderful time of the year... And although the weather outside may be frightful, some fancy liqueurs and spirits may be just what you need to stay warm. We have some great recommendations for the holidays -- whether you need a unique gift for friends or family, or would like to enjoy a cocktail in front of the fire.
Jerald O'Kennard of the Beverage Testing Institute and Tastings.com, says Macallan Amber Liqueur is one drink you should not be without this holiday season. "The liqueur is a nut liqueur -- with walnut flavor, maple flavor and the base of it is Macallan scotch whiskey. It's made by the Macallan scotch distillery, which is a great single-malt distillery -- although this is a blended scotch. Really rich, long-lasting flavor, it's just really delicious," he says.
The Best Liquor for Gift-Giving
Perhaps the most notable characteristic of the Amber Liqueur is the overwhelming scent of maple syrup that wafts from the bottle. The Scotch Blog says the maple flavor is so strong that "it will take a little skill to come up with a nice cocktail that isn't dominated by the maple, but once you figure out the balances, you'll have a staple ingredient in your bar.""But it doesn't stop at cocktails," The Scotch Blog says. "Amber could certainly bring the average cup of latte up to a new level. I could also see this being added to a number of foods -- pour Amber on your pancakes and transform them into a gourmet breakfast. Or as a dessert -- over pears or good vanilla ice cream."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV