Feuerstein's Biotech-Stock Mailbag
I hope everyone printed this week's column on FDA approval decision dates for 2008. You've told me this is the kind of information that biotech investors crave, so I hope the list helps in planning for next year.
I'm working on another calendar detailing upcoming phase III trial results, so look for that in the next week.
As I said, I omitted companies that either 1) didn't have phase III data reported yet, or 2) hadn't yet filed for FDA approval.Once a company files with the FDA and the application is accepted, they'll be put on the list. I'll update the calendar as we move through next year. Speaking of Pain Therapeutics, the company is the subject of my first email, from Robin K: "Adam, you correctly called out Remi Barbier a while ago on his 'fuzzy math.' What are your thoughts on [Thursday's] Remoxy results?" A blast from the past. Robin is referring to a column from June 2004 about a study run by Pain Therapeutics' demonstrating the superior abuse-resistant qualities of its painkiller Remoxy over Oxycontin. As I pointed out back then, the claims of superiority made by Pain Therapeutics and its CEO Remi Barbier were overstated because someone at the company didn't know how to use a calculator. In other words, the math in the press release was wrong.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV