Top Five Fast-Growth Stocks
Each week, TheStreet.com Ratings compiles a list of the top five stocks in five categories -- fast-growth, all-around value, large-cap, mid-cap and small-cap -- and publishes these lists in the Ratings section of our Web site.
This list, last updated Nov. 30, is based on data from the close of the previous trading session. Today, fast-growth stocks are in the spotlight. These are stocks of companies that are projected to increase revenue and profit by at least 12% in the coming year and rank near the top of all stocks rated by our proprietary quantitative model, which looks at more than 60 factors.
The stocks must also be followed by at least one financial analyst who posts estimates on the Institutional Brokers' Estimate System. They are ordered by their potential to appreciate.
Note that no provision is made for off-balance-sheet assets such as unrealized appreciation/depreciation of investments, market value of real estate or contingent liabilities that might affect book value. This could be material for some companies with large underfunded pension plans.Mobile TeleSystems OJSC (MBT), a mobile-phone operator, has been rated buy since September 2005. The Russian company has experienced solid growth in revenue and net income, a strong cash level and attractive return on equity. However, the company faces increased competition and declining revenue in the handset and accessories segment. Third-quarter profit increased 34.6% to $654.7 million or 33 cents a share. EPS missed the consensus estimate of $1.16 a share. Revenue grew 23.3% to $2.22 billion. In September, the company announced the acquisition of an 80% stake in International Cell Holding, which is a 100% indirect owner of K-Telecom CJSC, Armenia's largest mobile-phone operator. This should help open growth opportunities in the fast-growing Commonwealth of Independent States.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV