Agrium to Acquire UAP
Agrium will also assume $487 million of debt, taking the total transaction value to $2.65 billion.
UAP markets chemicals, fertilizer and seed to farmers, commercial growers and regional dealers. After the agreement was announced, its shares jumped 29% to $38.50. Agrium was slipping 4 cents to $57.80.
Agrium expects the acquisition to add slightly to earnings in the first year of the deal and be significantly accretive afterward. The companies expect to complete the transaction in early 2008.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV