Vivendi in Big Activision Deal
Updated from 7:58 a.m. EST
Vivendi says it will acquire a controlling interest in Activision (ATVI ) through a transaction that the companies are valuing at $18.9 billion.
The French media and telecom colossus said Sunday that it will merge its video game operations with Activision, maker of titles like Guitar Hero and Call of Duty and rename the venture Activision Blizzard.
The combined units will rival gaming outfits like Electronic Arts (ERTS ) and trade under the Activision ticker on Nasdaq.
ATVI-Vivendi is a Game-Changer
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV