Thursday's Winners and Losers: Regeneron
TiVo (TIVO) soared 24.8%, a day after the digital video recorders maker reported narrower-than-expected loss in the third quarter and guided in line with analysts' expectations for the current quarter. TiVo lost $8.2 million, or 8 cents a share, in the quarter compared with a loss of $11.1 million, or 12 cents a share a year ago. Analysts were expecting a loss of 13 cents a share. Revenue rose to $58.3 million, higher than Street expectations of $56.7 million.
TiVo also received an upgrade Thursday from JPMorgan, which now rates the stock overweight from underweight. TiVo also said Thursday it has won a decision in its favor from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in a dispute against EchoStar (DISH). Shares of TiVo were up $1.48 to $7.46.
Also on the rise was
(REGN), shares of which garnered $4.86, or 28.3%, to $21.80 on news that it
Chinese gaming company Shanda Interactive (SNDA) gave up some of the gains from its third-quarter earnings report on Tuesday. Shanda had announced earnings of 44 cents a share on revenue of $87.4 million, compared to analysts' expectations of 43 cents a share on revenue of $82 million. The stock fell $2.11, or 5.4%, to $36.89 Thursday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV