VeraSun, US BioEnergy to Merge
Under the merger agreement, VeraSun will issue 0.81 shares for each share of US BioEnergy. The existing VeraSun shares will remain intact and will represent around 60% of the combined stock outstanding after the merger.
Based on VeraSun's Wednesday finish at $10.64, each US BioEnergy share is being valued at roughly $8.62, 59 cents above its last close. Recently, US BioEnergy was up 62 cents, or 7.7%, to $8.65. VeraSun was gaining 30 cents to $10.94.
According to US BioEnergy's most recent quarterly report, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission Nov. 13, the company had an average of 72.9 million shares outstanding on a diluted basis for the three months ended Sept. 30. Based on a calculation using that number, US BioEnergy's equity would be worth around $628.4 million.The Associated Press said the St. Paul, Minn.-based US BioEnergy had 79.6 million shares out as of Oct. 31, valuing the takeover at $686.2 million. The boards of both companies have cleared the deal, which should close during the first quarter. VeraSun Chairman, CEO and President Donald Endres will remain CEO of the combined company, and US BioEnergy President and CEO Gordon Ommen will serve as chairman. Brookings, S.D.-based VeraSun expects the merger to add to earnings in the first full fiscal year of combined operations. By the end of 2008, the joined company predicts a total ethanol production capacity of more than 1.6 billion gallons a year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV