Tuesday's Health Winners & Losers
Meanwhile, Merck (MRK) will build a $297 million facility in Ireland to develop and manufacture vaccines, according to a Reuters report. Its shares were trading up $1.69, or 2.9%, at $59.27.
Elsewhere, BMO Capital downgraded Axcan Pharma (AXCA) to underperform from market perform based on upcoming generic-drug competition. Shares edged down 55 cents, or 3.1%, to $17.37.
In other health stocks, Tenet Healthcare (THC) and UnitedHealthcare, a business of UnitedHealth Group (UNH) announced a two-year agreement in which UnitedHealthcare members will have access to all acute care hospitals in Tenet's portfolio. The companies didn't disclose financial terms. Tenet's shares rose 42 cents, or 10.5%, to $4.42, while UnitedHealth Group added $1, or 1.9%, to $54.38.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV