Philips in $2.7B Deal for Genlyte
Updated since 9:04am
The light bulb giant says it will pay $95.50 in cash for each share of the Louisville, Ky., lighting shop. The deal represents a 52% premium over Genlyte's closing price of $62.67 Friday.
"This offer creates outstanding value for our stockholders and enables our management and talented associates to continue our successful strategy," Philips CEO Larry Powers said in a press release.Philips expects to close the deal in the first quarter of 2008. Philips shares fell 11 cents to $42.11 and Genlyte shot up 50% to $94.35 in mid-day trading Monday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV