This Week's Barron's Roundup
Editor's note: Welcome to Stockpickr's "Barron's Roundup." Each weekend, James Altucher presents Stockpickr portfolios related to articles in the latest issue of Barron's.
Top Insider Purchases of the Week: Insider purchases are a lot more predictive than insider selling. Barron¿s lists the stocks where company managers or officials are buying, and we build a portfolio of those stocks. There's been interesting activity recently in Harley-Davidson (HOG), Fannie Mae (FNM), Marchex (MCHX) and Six Flags (SIX).
Barron¿s Summaries: Each week, Barron's publishes bullish and bearish stories on a variety of stocks. We present summaries of those stories in this portfolio. This week, there are bullish stories on Harley Davidson and Harrah's Entertainment (HET).
Research Reports: The latest analyst research reports highlighted by Barron¿s. This week they include reports on Blue Coat Systems (BCSI), Cyberonics (CYBX) and Hewlett Packard (HPQ).
Latest Activist Hedge Fund Purchases: Which companies are the top hedge funds chasing? This week's list includes names like Blockbuster (BBI) and Transmeta (TMTA).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV