Top Five Large-Cap Stocks
T. Rowe Price (TROW), another investment manager, has also been rated a buy since October 2005. The company reported third-quarter net income of almost $175 million, or 63 cents a share, up from $128 million, or 46 cents a share, a year ago. Net revenue rose 27% year over year to $571 million, and assets under management totaled $396.8 billion, up 4.5% since June 30. Net revenue rose 27% year over year to $571 million. Return on equity totaled 23.51% at the end of the third quarter, surpassing both the industry and broader market averages.
During the quarter, the company repurchased 1.59 million shares, and it still has 16.64 million common shares remaining under its current repurchase authorization plan.
Risks include any unexpected downturn in the securities markets and the economy in general.
Southern Copper (PCU) mines, smelts and refines copper in southern Peru. It has had a buy rating since October 2005. The company's earnings per share improved by 20.3% to $2.13 per share in the third quarter compared with the same period last year, continuing a two-year pattern of positive EPS growth.Southern Copper's stock price increased by 171.89% in the 12 months before Oct. 31, and it should continue to move higher. The company's revenue increased by 13.7% in the third quarter compared with the same period last year, although that figure trailed the industry average of 29.7%. Although no company is perfect, TheStreet.com Ratings does not currently see any weaknesses that are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV