Where to Find Affordable Health Insurance
Fewer and fewer Americans get health insurance through employers or unions. According to a new survey from the Kaiser Family Foundation, the percentage of employers who offer it fell to 60% this year.
So if you do have employer-sponsored health insurance, it's important to make the most of it. You're about to enter the "open enrollment" period, where you may have the opportunity to choose between several types of plans offered by your employer. Take the time to examine your options.
Many companies are now offering health savings accounts that allow you to pay for medical expenses with pretax dollars (and save what you don't use). And even if you plan to stick with your existing plan, you'll want to check to make sure your physicians and hospitals are still part of the "preferred provider organization."
But if you are among the 40 million Americans who aren't covered and at risk of financial disaster without health insurance, there's new help in finding an appropriate and affordable policy.Searching for Health Insurance For many years, the online health insurance field was dominated by
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV