Tomorrow's Headliners: Medco
Considering the wild swings that have practically become par for the course, investors and traders probably don't need much convincing to keep a close eye on the market Friday.
Were these normal times, the session would likely set up as a nice way to ease into the weekend. But these are hardly normal times. And with options expiring, which can lead to above-average volatility, be ready to hold on for what could be a very interesting session.
As for the expected economic numbers, net foreign purchases, industrial production and capacity utilization are due. Additionally, Federal Reserve Governor Randall Kroszner will give a speech on the economic outlook at a conference in New York.Elsewhere, Cal Dive International (DVR), Sunoco (SUN) and Noble (NBL) are among those presenting at a Bank of America conference, and Medco (MHS) is holding an analyst day. On TheStreet.com, check in early for the latest version of the popular column "The Five Dumbest Things on Wall Street This Week." Also, Liz Rappaport will examine why so many bellwethers of the economy fell flat in the third quarter and gave poor outlooks, and Michaela Cavallaro will tell you how you can get tax credits for installing energy-efficient windows and storm doors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV