Tomorrow's Headliners: Medco
Considering the wild swings that have practically become par for the course, investors and traders probably don't need much convincing to keep a close eye on the market Friday.
Were these normal times, the session would likely set up as a nice way to ease into the weekend. But these are hardly normal times. And with options expiring, which can lead to above-average volatility, be ready to hold on for what could be a very interesting session.
As for the expected economic numbers, net foreign purchases, industrial production and capacity utilization are due. Additionally, Federal Reserve Governor Randall Kroszner will give a speech on the economic outlook at a conference in New York.Elsewhere, Cal Dive International (DVR), Sunoco (SUN) and Noble (NBL) are among those presenting at a Bank of America conference, and Medco (MHS) is holding an analyst day. On TheStreet.com, check in early for the latest version of the popular column "The Five Dumbest Things on Wall Street This Week." Also, Liz Rappaport will examine why so many bellwethers of the economy fell flat in the third quarter and gave poor outlooks, and Michaela Cavallaro will tell you how you can get tax credits for installing energy-efficient windows and storm doors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV