U of Maryland's Undergrad Fund Earns 'Street Cred'
How much money did you manage in college? With the Lemma Senbet Fund, undergraduate students at the University of Maryland's Smith School of Business have the opportunity to manage over $100,000. Here's a look at what they do with those six figures.
Now in its second year, the student-run Senbet
Becoming a member of this fund is no small task. What's involved? Most students spend around 10 hours developing their application package, which includes an analyst report offering a buy, sell or hold recommendation on a stock. Once selected, fund members are required to serve for one year in the fund, including meeting on a biweekly basis. At the end of their one-year run, fund members earn six undergraduate credits toward their degree.
The Senbet Fund considers itself a long-term
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV