Top Five Mid-Cap Stocks
However, AptarGroup operates in markets that are highly competitive, especially in regard to price. This, along with increasing raw-material costs over the past few years, could affect the company's operating results.
Goodrich (GR), which supplies aerospace and defense security products, has been rated a buy since August 2005. Third-quarter earnings grew 25.9%, driven by commercial aircraft equipment sales. Net income increased to $126.80 million, or 99 cents a share, for the quarter. (Excluding items, earnings for the quarter were $1.10 a share, which beat the consensus estimate of 91 cents a share.)
Third-quarter revenue rose 14.8% to $1.40 billion compared with the same period last year, and the company's overall operating margin rose to 17.23% from 14.47% in a year earlier. During the quarter, Goodrich declared a dividend of 20 cents a share. Goodrich agreed to sell its Aviation Technical Services business to Macquarie Bank for about $90 million.
Any decline in government spending and the weakened condition of the airline industry are among the downside risks.Greif (GEF) manufactures and distributes industrial packaging products. It has been rated buy since November 2005. The company maintains a largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels, robust revenue and EPS growth and a solid stock price performance. These strengths should outweigh the company's low profit margin. Third-quarter revenue climbed 27% over a year ago to $874.2 million, outpacing the industry average of 19.2%. EPS increased 25.6% over the same period. Greif has demonstrated a pattern of positive EPS growth over the past year and this trend is expected to continue. Return on equity has improved slightly when compared with the same quarter one year prior.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV