Talk of CEO Change Swirls at AMD
SAN FRANCISCO -- When Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) released a new microprocessor in September, company executives, customers and industry analysts bustled about in the private screening room of Lucasfilm, which was used to celebrate the occasion.
In the front row of the theater, a pensive-looking Hector Ruiz sat in silence, impervious to both the festive atmosphere as well as the delay in getting the event started on time.
AMD's chief executive has demonstrated a similar composure as the company has hit rough waters recently, with its stock down 38% year to date. But that may be coming to an end.
With AMD's financial performance and share price slumping, talk of a management change is in the air.Speculation has been heightened by recent events, including the exit of investor relations head Mike Hasse, and the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV