Conference Snub Could Signal E*Trade Shakeup
E*Trade Financial (ETFC) CEO Mitch Caplan canceled a scheduled presentation at a major investor conference Wednesday, raising speculation about a possible sale or management change at the beleaguered firm.
Caplan was slated to speak at the Merrill Lynch Banking & Financial Services conference on Wednesday afternoon, but will no longer be presenting so that the management team can focus on fixing the problems at the company, a spokeswoman said.
Observers have suggested that the firm may need to sell certain assets --
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV