Allen Unloads More DreamWorks Shares
Allen sold about 2.4 million shares of DreamWorks for roughly $75 million. He made the sale last week through DW Investment II, an entity he formed for his holdings in the company, according to a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission.
The latest sale reduces Allen's remaining stake in the company to less than 5 million shares. In August, Allen cut his stake in DreamWorks from 21 million shares to nearly 7 million shares and resigned from the company's board of directors.
Shares of DreamWorks slipped 36 cents, or 1.2%, to $29.57 Tuesday. The stock is now up 5.6% from where it opened its initial public offering in October 2004.Allen paved the way for the selling last fall, when he opted to unwind Holdco, DreamWorks' founding partnership that also included Hollywood moguls Steven Spielberg, DreamWorks' CEO Jeff Katzenberg and David Geffen, among others. DreamWorks still has a board stacked with corporate superstars, like Ebay (EBAY) CEO Meg Whitman and Starbucks (SBUX) Chairman Howard Schultz. Allen's latest sale comes after some analysts on Wall Street
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV