DuPont Affirms Outlook
DuPont (DD) reaffirmed its full-year earnings expectations, despite lower demand from domestic housing and auto markets.
The chemical conglomerate said it expects to earn $3.06 to $3.11 a share, which includes a 9-cent-a-share charge taken in the third quarter
DuPont expects strong fourth-quarter sales growth outside the U.S. to more than offset the lower U.S. demand.
The company anticipates pretax operating income will grow substantially from last year's fourth quarter, reflecting continued execution of its "growth strategies and productivity initiatives" partially offset by higher ingredient costs.Shares of DuPont closed Tuesday off 30 cents to $46.10.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV