Asian Markets Meander
Pranab Sarmah, regional head of technology for Daiwa Security Group, says that right now, Nintendo is one of the better buys in the region, and in Japan.
"Overall from what I have seen in Asia, Nintendo has a pretty strong supply chain right now," he says. Sarmah also recommends buying handset makers like Samsung, which he says are free from global economic jitters due to consistent demand.
"The mobile handset side is doing relatively much better than other products right now -- it's not affected by any slowdown in the U.S. market," says Sarmah.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV