Dollar Gains on Euro
The dollar was strengthening against the euro and the British pound Monday, but losing against the yen.
One euro would buy $1.4551, down from $1.467 late Friday. The pound was selling for $2.0646, down from $2.091 previously. The yen, meanwhile, rose to 109.46 from 110.67 in the last session.
The PowerShares DB G10 Currency Harvest (DBV) was slipping more than 2%.The CurrencyShares Euro Trust (FXE) was barely changed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV