Intel Unleashes Faster Chip
SAN FRANCISCO -- Intel (INTC) is revamping its microprocessor arsenal with the release of its new Penryn chip.
The company will begin shipping the quad-core and dual-core microprocessors to key customers Monday, marking Intel's latest bid to keep the heat on rival Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) while rebuilding its own profit margins.
The Penryn processors, which will initially be available for server and desktop PCs, offer a boost in performance and energy efficiency while ushering in a major advancement in transistor design, according to Intel.
After seeming to have lost its competitive edge in recent years, Intel is now showing a formidable ability to improve its product lineup and its financial performance.Last month, the company grew
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV