Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: McDonald's Supersized
Click here for an archive of Cramer's "Mad Money" recaps.
In a brutal week for the market that looks like 1990 "all over again," investors should look to the "Golden Arches" for support, Cramer told viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Friday.
After the Federal Reserve indicated it would not likely act again to help the economy, and Cisco (CSCO) said that the subprime mess is cutting into orders in America, the market turned ugly. Retail and banks were hit hard, with Washington Mutual (WM) down to $18.In an environment of weakness, Cramer urged viewers to seize on "opportunities to buy the stocks that could make your portfolio into a bulletproof vest." McDonald's (MCD), which Cramer has applauded for its consistent performance, is "loaded with American growth and European growth," important qualities for a stock that is expected to weather a market storm.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV