Take Substance Over Bluster
Are investors better served reading bluster from Donald Trump or an examination of the lies we are told and tell ourselves? It is a seldom posed question and probably for good reason, but with sincerest apologies to the Donald, The Business Press Maven, who weighs in on business books every other weekend, is going to side firmly on the side of the lies.
Trump comes at the reader like two tons of literary bricks, starting from the lippy photograph of him on the cover, shouting and pointing an aggressive forefinger.
For the rest? Well, whatever Trump has accomplished leveraging family connections, leverage itself and celebrity culture, an investor will garner little but self-destructive impulses from a shove-it-down your gullet worldview. It is worth mentioning, for those who look to books for business advice, that many who have achieved success long-term, specifically in the stock market, are quite, or at least relatively, modest folks, from Warren Buffett to the Allen family to a whole host of Goldman Sachs (GS) giants.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV