WiMax Retreat Clonks Clearwire
Sprint (S) throws a few plans into reverse, hoping to undo the damaging course set by its previous chief.
In a blow to WiMax enthusiasts, the Reston, Va., telco says it has torn up an agreement with Clearwire (CLWR), taking it off the hook to jointly build a nationwide mobile broadband network. The deal called for Sprint to chip in $2.75 billion toward the expansion of 4G wireless service to 19 cities by the end of next year.
The news comes just two weeks after Sprint put its wireless service partnership with cable companies on hold. The so-called Pivot project was an attempt to add a mobile phone offering to the cable companies' triple play service bundle.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV