Neophyte Director? No Problem for News Corp.
News Corp. attributed the improvement to higher search revenues from its ad partnership with Google (GOOG); advertising revenue growth, driven by increased traffic; further inventory monetization; and international expansion.
While News Corp.'s wide array of media properties adds up to a dependable cash-generating machine for investors, Wall Street is looking for signs that the company can turn its digital assets into a new engine of profitable growth.
News Corp.'s acquisition of Dow Jones is expected to close in the fourth quarter. Meanwhile, the company launched its new cable business news channel, Fox Business News, to rival General Electric's (GE) CNBC.
The nascent network has debuted to harsh critiques, but News Corp.'s stellar track record in the industry has investors reserving judgment.Shares of News Corp. were recently up 37 cents, or 1.7%, to $22.33 in after-hours trading. The shares shed 3% in regular trading hours amid a broader selloff in the stock market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV