EA Closes Chicago Studio
Video-game publisher Electronic Arts (ERTS) said Tuesday that it plans to close its game development studio in Chicago as part of the company's worldwide restructuring effort.
On its conference call with analysts last week, when it announced its
The reorganization would result in an annual operating cost savings of about $25 million to $30 million, EA said.
An internal memo sent by EA's president of games label Frank Gibeau said the closure is linked to the lack of near-term profitability at the Chicago studio, which produced such games as Def Jam and Fight Night. The company said relocation opportunities at the Chicago studio, which has 146 employees, will be offered to some."We're willing to take risks, make long-term investments and support teams and individuals between launches," said Gibeau in his note. "But each team is responsible for staying on a reasonable path to profitability." "The
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV