Activision Beats Estimates
Activision also expects that its recent acquisition of game developer Bizarre Creations will reduce earnings by approximately 2 cents to 3 cents a share in the second half of the fiscal year.
During the second quarter, Activision said it shipped more units of its internally developed, wholly owned franchise, Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, than any other game in the company's history. Within the first seven days of the product's launch, Activision said it sold more than $100 million worth of the game in North America.
Meanwhile, Activision's rival Electronic Arts (ERTS) announced its upcoming game, Rock Band, which is set to compete with the Guitar Hero franchise, which will be released on Nov. 20.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV