Activision Beats Estimates
Activision also expects that its recent acquisition of game developer Bizarre Creations will reduce earnings by approximately 2 cents to 3 cents a share in the second half of the fiscal year.
During the second quarter, Activision said it shipped more units of its internally developed, wholly owned franchise, Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, than any other game in the company's history. Within the first seven days of the product's launch, Activision said it sold more than $100 million worth of the game in North America.
Meanwhile, Activision's rival Electronic Arts (ERTS) announced its upcoming game, Rock Band, which is set to compete with the Guitar Hero franchise, which will be released on Nov. 20.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV