Monday's Financial Winners & Losers
Goldman shares were sinking $15.93, or 6.9%, to $213.67, and JPMorgan lately shed 2.1% to $42.23.
The NYSE Financial Sector Index, which tracks all of the above stocks, surrendered 2.3% to 8,729.67. The KBW Bank index lately slid 2.1% partly thanks to Citi and JPMorgan.
In more management changes, MasterCard (MA) announced the retirement of COO Alan Heuer at year-end 2008 as well as a raft of immediate executive shuffling, including CFO Chris McWilton shifting to President, Global Accounts. Tyco International's (TYC) Martina Hund-Mejean will succeed him as CFO. Shares of the Purchase, N.Y., credit card issuer dropped 3.3% to $183.84.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV