Feuerstein's Biotech-Stock Mailbag
Daylight Savings Time comes to an end early Sunday, so what better way to hunker down for the winter than by reading the Biotech Mailbag? Thanks for returning and remember to email me here with your comments and questions.
I compared Delcath to Dendreon (DNDN) only as it relates to the perception by some investors that the Food and Drug Administration's cancer division is putting both companies under unjustifiably strict scrutiny.
I don't have a dog in this fight, but screaming about malfeasance at the FDA -- as some Delcath fans did in their emails to me -- isn't a very productive investment strategy. Dendreon is proof of that.More than a few readers were put off by my dismissal of Delcath without a thorough explanation of the data supporting its Percutaneous Hepatic Perfusion (PHP) system for hard-to-treat cancers of the liver. That's a fair criticism, but I was more focused on the apparent rift between the FDA and the National Cancer Institute because that's what readers emailed me about. I did look more closely at the PHP data. Some of it shows potential, but a lot of questions remain unanswered. I'm often criticized as being too conservative because I don't automatically love every high-risk biotech or drug stock that trades below $10 (or $2, in this case.)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV