Midway Games Reeling
Midway also lowered its financial outlook for the full year 2007 because of a delay in the release of some of its games for the Nintendo Wii and DS titles and lower expectations for sales of Sony's (SNE) PlayStation 3 consoles.
Earlier the company had said that it plans to release its game, Stranglehold, for Sony's PlayStation 3 console in the fourth quarter rather than the third quarter, and has pushed back the release of a key franchise title, Unreal Tournament 3 for the PS3 to the first quarter of fiscal 2008.
For the year ending Dec. 31, Midway expects a net loss of 95 cents a share on $160 million in revenue. Excluding charges, Midway expects a loss of 76 cents a share. Analysts are expecting a loss of 85 cents a share on $170 million in revenue.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV